This event will take place between the 17th and 21st of July, 2017 in Brasov, Transylvania, Romania.
SSIMA 2017 is organized by the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and Eindhoven University of Technology in partnership with Philips South-East Europe.
The school offers to its participants a series of tutorials on sub-domanins of Computational Medical Imaging (starting from Medical Image Acquisition to Visualization and Machine Learning). These tutorials will be extended by presentations on the practical applications during the application sessions in the afternoons.
Innovation Day powered by Philips welcomes participants to a journey through the company’s imaging systems solutions.
Developed together with specialists and partners worldwide, the state-of-the-art solutions are designed with the purpose of empowering healthcare professionals to deliver high quality medical services for more effective patient care – from prevention, diagnosis and treatment, to home care. We help them leverage rich data, standardize best practices and streamline workflows.
During SSIMA, attendants will have the opportunity to join a series of interactive workshops exploring the Philips innovations – the technological breakthroughs and their clinical dimension.
The sessions will cover topics such as acquisition, quantification and image processing, based on revolutionary ultrasound systems, new standards in interventional imaging, as well as advanced visualization applications and platforms.
Brasov is a beautiful mountain resort town in Transylvania Region of Romania, close to the famous Dracula’s Castle. More information about the location of the school can be found here.
Keynote Speakers (confirmed as of today):
- Prof. Natalia Trayanova (Johns Hopkins University, USA) – Image-based computational cardiology
- Prof Bart ter Haar Romeny (Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands)
- Prof Laurent Cohen (Universite Paris Dauphine, France) – Geodesic Methods for Interactive Image Segmentation of Biomedical Images
- Prof Alain Trouvé (Ecole Normale Superieure, Cachan, France)
- Prof. Ovidiu Andronesi (Harvard Medical School, USA) – Advanced MR imaging and spectroscopy methods for brain studies in neurological diseases
- Dr. Mattias Heinrich (University Lübeck, Germany) – Deformable Image Registration: From the Basics of Optical Flow to Advanced Optimisation and Learning
- Prof. Marius Leordeanu (Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy) – Unsupervised object discovery and learning from video
- Dr Elena Ovreiu – University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Prof Alfred M. Bruckstein – Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- Prof Bart ter Haar Romeny– Eindhoven University of Technology
The event is open to about 70 qualified and pre-selected candidates:
- BSc, Master and PhD students
- Post-docs and young researchers (both academia and industry)
- Senior researchers (both academia and industry)
- Academic and industrial professionals
The school fees can be found here.
Application: 1st of July, 2017
The payment should be on our account no later than the 7th of July, 2017
The organization reserves the right to review all the applications individually and to select applications based on (including, but not limited to) the following criteria:
- any relevant educational qualifications
- any relevant professional qualifications
- personal motivation
- any other personal experiences which, in the view of the organization, are relevant to the successful participation in SSIMA
Accommodation for SSIMA participants is available for an affordable price (5 EUR/night) at the University Transylvania Student Campus.
If you are interested in this option, please let the Organizing Committee know at: email@example.com.
The organization looks forward to your applications and hopes to see you at SSIMA 2017!